Position: Technician (2nd Shift)
Location: Newark, DE
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Work Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the incumbent educates, trains and develops the skills of all mechanics to ensure that the processing equipment runs efficiently and safely in order to produce a quality product that meets the standards and specifications of the customer and the company. Also performs all major changeovers and housekeeping duties as necessary with primary emphasis on safety. Performs all duties according to ISO specifications and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and trains mechanics to make changeovers to equipment and material systems.
- Communicates and troubleshoots problems on processing systems.
- Trains mechanics and assists in adjusting machines to meet product specifications and customer requirements.
- Trains and assists mechanics to make repairs and adjustments to prevent problems from developing on machines.
- Educates mechanics to enable them to understand the relationship of pigment, virgin resin and regrind.
- Trains and assists mechanics in reviewing schedule and shop orders for problems and errors.
- Works safely and observes and enforces safety rules at all times.
- Follows and carries out all company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Trains subordinates and others, as required.
- Communicates any problems effectively and quickly with Shift Supervisor and Department Manager.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor and Department Manager.
- Verifies all end of shift production data and performance documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical, technical, and electrical aptitude to satisfy job requirements and the ability to analyze and resolve related problems.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in reading and math skills to satisfy requirements of the position.
- Must be able to satisfactorily learn to drive a forklift and pass testing to secure a Hedwin Forklift driver’s license.
- Must be able to stoop, squat, and bend, as well as push, pull, and lift objects and/or equipment of various weight, size, and design.
- Must be able to walk through department numerous times a day and step up and down from platforms and catwalks.
- Must be able to climb ladders and platforms.
- Must have the agility to work in tight areas.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Lifting can be from the floor up and/or above the head.
- Must have basic required tools of the trade.
- Must be able to stand at least 7½ hours per shift.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.