Position: Sales Representative (Packaging)
Location: Newark, Delaware
Work Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Purpose of Position
The Sales Representative is responsible for building market shares within their assigned areas, customers, and territory. As the primary point of contact, the Sales Representative will sell company products by identifying leads, educating prospects, and providing existing customers with exceptional support.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals.
- Profitably grow sales dollar volume year-over-year and continuously improve contribution margin for products sold within assigned territory.
- Identify, validate, and close new business targets.
- Understand customer account base within assigned territory with regards to products produced and growth potential.
- Maintain an up-to-date target list for new business targets and opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date key account plan for key accounts within assigned territory.
- Identify and help resolve client concerns.
- Bring closure to all leads and sample requests related to assigned territory.
- Educate customers on the benefits and use of company products and services.
- Participate in trainings for updated ISO Standards, as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology and industry.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Ensure coordination of shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- Prepare and submit weekly sales reports to the Executive Vice President.
- Work safely and observe safety rules at all times.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Four (4) Year Degree in Business, or related field, preferred.
- 3-5 Years Sales experience.
- Experience selling plastics packaging to industrial markets preferred.
- Experience utilizing Customer Relations Management Software.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office Software.
- Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Requires a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds, occasionally.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- Requires a high level of contact with the public.
- Requires extensive travel to current and potential customers.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.