Position: Project Engineer
Location: Newark, Delaware
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Quality
Work Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering and Quality, the Project Engineer plans and implements capital, product, or maintenance projects to accomplish division goals. Functioning as a Team Leader on major projects, the Project Engineer provide technical expertise to maintenance and production teams to achieve the lowest total cost, highest quality solutions.
- Champions the execution of engineering projects.
- Engineers the installation of capital equipment.
- Evaluates and selects manufacturing equipment to best suit the organization’s application.
- Provides project management services on complex projects.
- Functions as Project Manager and Team Lead, as necessary.
- Participates as team member on projects as assigned and provides technical expertise required.
- Documents efforts through daily journal entries, sketches, drawings, and reports.
- Executes engineering change orders concurrent with any product or process changes.
- Utilizes available computer software for development, project documentation, and analysis.
- Provides technical resources in problem solving efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in implementation of technologies.
- Previous experience working in a regulated production environment (i.e., GMP, ISO).
- Proficiency in CAD with AutoCAD Inventor, Pro-E, or Solid Works.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong statistical skills and knowledge of statistical software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to all levels of employees.
- Ability to walk through all parts of the plant numerous times daily.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to walk through department numerous times per day and step up and down from platforms and catwalks.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, and lift objects and/or equipment of various weight, size, and design.
- Combined office and warehouse environment.
- Requires exposure to equipment noise and dust.
- Occasional travel (up to 15% annually) to suppliers and customers.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.