We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to support our Engineering team.
Purpose of Position:
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Engineering and Quality, the Project Engineer plans and implements capital, product, or maintenance projects to accomplish division goals. Functioning as a Team Leader on major projects, the Project Engineer provides technical expertise to maintenance and production teams to achieve the lowest total cost, highest quality solutions.
- Champions the execution of engineering projects.
- Engineers the installation of capital equipment.
- Evaluates and selects manufacturing equipment to best suit the organization’s application.
- Provides project management services on complex projects.
- Functions as Project Manager and Team Lead, as necessary.
- Participates as team member on projects and provides technical expertise, as required.
- Documents efforts through daily journal entries, sketches, drawings, and reports.
- Executes engineering change orders concurrent with any product or process changes.
- Utilizes available computer software for development, project documentation, and analysis.
- Provides technical resources in problem solving efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in implementation of technologies; five years preferred.
- Previous experience working in a regulated production environment (i.e., GMP, ISO).
- Proficiency in Solid Works, 2D and 3D CAD with AutoCAD Inventor, and/or Pro-E.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to devise multiple solutions as options.
- Knowledge of statistical software and basic understanding of statistics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to all levels of employees.
- Ability to walk through all parts of the plant numerous times daily.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to step up and down from platforms and catwalks.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, and lift objects and/or equipment of various weight, size, and design.
- Combined office and warehouse environment.
- Requires exposure to equipment noise and dust.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.