Position: Product Development Project Manager
Location: Newark, Delaware
Reports to: EVP, General Manager of Living Package Business
Purpose of Position
The Product Development Project Manager, under the guidance of the EVP, is responsible for providing product support to the sales team and coordination between Zacros Engineering and production, outside suppliers, and the customer by recommending improved materials or machinery, researching potential new products, and designing products to meet customer needs or company strategic goals. The Product Development Project Manager is also responsible for promoting and coordinating the construction of internal processes to facilitate the development and growth of the Pouch business for Zacros’ US locations.
- Collaborate with engineering and production to share information and manage internal projects in order to build a production system.
- Coordinate with the customer, ZAI sales, and engineering team(s) to understand customer requirements.
- Translate customer needs and wants into technical concepts and solutions.
- Assist as technical support/liaison with other ZAI Account Managers as needed to qualify and develop sales opportunities and projects.
- Handle artwork approval process with customer and outside print partners; attend press approval(s) with customer(s), as needed.
- Identify needs for new products through research of market needs, competition, and costs.
- Participate in new product design by coordinating and communicating pouch die line(s) layout to customer and suppliers.
- Build and test prototypes.
- Experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes and design tolerances on new and existing products.
- Interpret and analyze test data and make revisions as necessary to meet requirements.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and engineering groups.
- Partner with Senior Business Development Manager to build and maintain the pouch business for US locations.
- Work to coordinate ZAI efforts with Japan capabilities and R&D.
- Work safely and observe safety rules at all times.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science discipline with a preference towards materials/plastics/polymers.
- Proven track record in product development and commercialization.
- Experience with drafting and modeling techniques and practices.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to all levels of employees, including experts in the technology field.
- Proven ability in research and development.
- Experience selling plastics packaging to industrial markets preferred.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office Software.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Requires a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds, occasionally.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and technical diagrams.
- Must have agility of the wrists, arms, and hands for computer work.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- Office environment.
- Requires a moderate level of contact with the public.
- Requires extensive travel to current and potential customers.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.