Location: Newark, DE
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Work Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Machinist sets up and operates the full range of bench and machine tool equipment in performing diversified machining operations for tooling equipment. This role must work to required tolerances and finishes and perform duties with the goal of preventing downtime and completing projects cost effectively.
- Make tooling and machine parts to specified tolerance.
- Operate all machine tools, selecting appropriate tools for most efficient machining of parts.
- Maintain Company molds and dies.
- Evaluate and report areas of improvement in Machinist function.
- Assist other areas of maintenance department, as needed.
- Observe safety rules and work safely at all times.
- Follow all quality procedures and instructions.
- All other duties, as assigned by Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be certified by a State Apprenticeship Program or Vocational Institute as a Machinist.
- Proficiency in welding, Mig, Tig, stick, and Mastercam.
- Experience with Solid Works a plus.
- Experience on machine tools, including drill press, lathe, vertical mill, surface grinder, and CNC equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to satisfactorily operate MHE and obtain company issued operator’s license.
- Ability to climb on and off of MHE.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds from floor level to above the head.
- Must be able to stoop, squat, bend, push, pull, and lift objects or equipment of various weight, size, and design.
- Ability to work in tight areas.
- Hearing ability sufficient to listen and recognize mechanical malfunctions.
- Agility of hands, wrists, and arms.
- Ability to climb ladders and platforms.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Combined maintenance shop and warehouse environment.
- Requires exposure to equipment noise and dust.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.