Position: Human Resources Manager
Location: Newark, Delaware
Reports to: Director of Administration
Work Status: Exempt, days
The Human Resources Manager, under the direction of the Director of Administration, is responsible for managing Human Resources programs and activities. In particular, the HR Manager is responsible for assuring compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations pertaining to Employment Labor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and participates in the staffing of all open production positions and any other positions as requested.
- Administers all Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Administers proactive Employee Relations programs to assure continuing non-union status.
- Administers Employee Communications Program.
- Assures compliance with FMLA, ADA, Wage and Hour, and all other Federal, State, and Local Employee laws and regulations.
- Oversees Worker’s Compensation program.
- Oversees the Employee Benefits Programs.
- Administers Discipline and Discharge Programs.
- Oversees payroll processing.
- Works safely and observes safety rules at all times.
- Follows and carries out all company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Trains subordinates and others, as required.
- Performs all other duties using the highest Total Quality standards and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Development, Human Resources and/or SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR certification.
- Three to five years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Must have strong organizational skills as well as analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and “people” skills.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have agility of the wrists, arms, and hands for typing and computer work.
- Must have knowledge of various office equipment.
- Must have good reading and math skills to fill the requirements of the position.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have good hearing for telephone work.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.