Position: Assembly Shift Lead
Location: Newark, DE
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Work Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the Assembly Supervisor and/or the Production Manager, the incumbent coordinates, monitors and assigns duties to all employees on the shift to ensure that orders are properly filled, safety procedures are followed, quality standards are met and company procedures and policies are followed. Performs all duties according to ISO specifications and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns duties to all employees on the current shift and ensures proper assignment of duties on following shift.
- Completes all required reports and documentation necessary for production records.
- Sets up and monitors all machines for problems at all times during the shift, including completion of process and product check sheets.
- Monitors performance of all employees during the shift for safety, quality of work and housekeeping.
- Assists in troubleshooting of basic mechanical and technical problems.
- Maintains and orders supplies needed for production during shift.
- Works safely and observes all safety rules at all times.
- Follows and carries out all company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Department Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED with shop or VoTech background preferred
- Must have 3-5 years experience of hands-on experience on the assembly or production line of the department’s products.
- Must have excellent safety and attendance records.
- Must have some knowledge and understanding of the mechanical and technical aspects of the department’s production.
- Must have strong reading and math skills to meet requirements of the position.
- Must have some understanding of computers in reference to the input of data and printing reports.
- Must be able to stoop, squat and bend, as well as push, pull and lift objects and/or equipment of various weight, size and design.
- Must have keen hearing to listen for mechanical malfunctions.
- Must be able to drive a forklift.
- Must have agility of hands, wrists and arms.
- Must be able to climb ladders and platforms.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Lifting can be from the floor up and/or above the head.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.