Position: Assembly Operator
Location: Newark, Delaware
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Work Status: Non-Exempt, Shift work
- Ensures that he/she has proper PPE prior to entering the production floor and/or packing area.
- Follows and obeys all safety related signs, rules and regulations.
- Uses all appropriate safety equipment and or devices as stated in the operating manuals.
- Reports any incident/accident and or near misses to the shift lead.
- Reports any unsafe condition and/or operating equipment to the shift lead.
- Inflates Cubitainers and inspects for defects. Tracks defects.
- Inserts liner in boxes if necessary.
- Attach caps to Cubitainers as appropriate.
- Inserts Cubitainers into boxes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Shift Leader.
All employees are responsible for product quality. Visual spot checks for gross errors are performed and action taken when suspect or nonconforming materials are seen.
- Cleans and sweeps daily
- Keeps area clean and organized.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have ability to consistently work in a fast paced environment and maintain assembly line speed.
- Must possess motivation and attentiveness needed to consistently produce quality products.
- Must have a good attendance record and be able to flex work times and breaks based on shift/line needs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong safety awareness and willingness to follow all plant rules and regulations.
- Must be able to understand basic instructions in English.
- Must have basic math skills including adding, subtracting, dividing, and multiplying whole number and decimals.
- Must possess motivation and desire to grow and learn.
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Must have dexterity of hands, wrists and arms and good eye/hand coordination.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have ability to maintain set speed in a fast paced environment by reaching, stooping, squatting and bending, as well as pushing, pulling and lifting objects and/or equipment of various sizes, weights, designs.
- Must be able to stand at least 11 1/2 hours per shift and work a 12 hour shift or overtime as needed.
- Must have good eye sight to detect defects.
- Must be able to walk through department numerous times per shift.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.