Position: Accounting Specialist
Location: Newark, Delaware
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of functions in General Accounting and Accounts Payable and Receivable. The Accounting Specialist provides total support to the Administration department and is required to complete all assigned duties with the highest quality possible and in a timely manner.
Prepare and vouch vendor invoices, expense reports, freight bills, and check requests. Verify authorized signatures and amounts, review and confirm that all receipts and other documentation are properly submitted prior to processing.
- Match packing slips, POs, and Invoices (Three Way Match) and question significant variances.
- Process Weekly Check Run.
- Prepare vouchers for payment, match to checks and mail AP checks.
- Monitor AP aging weekly, resolving credits and any balances over 30 days past due
- Run AP Distribution weekly to review General Ledger accounts assigned to invoices for accuracy.
- Setup and maintain vendor files.
- Monthly monitoring of outstanding check list
- Sort and distribute mail
- Receives all checks and cash, posts in the computer system against the customer account. Scans all checks into the Cash Pro system for receipt into company bank account.
- Run accrued receipts report weekly, clearing/resolving anything over 30 days, including RMA’s
- Follows up on all payment discrepancies on each daily cash postings.
- Calls customers with delinquent accounts receivable balances, requests payments, and coordinates all collection efforts.
- Process, print and mail customer billings, credits, voids and programs.
- Maintains customer files.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing and auditing processes.
- Process Corporate Credit Cards and Reimbursements in Certify
- Prepare and manage daily flash report and cash forecasting model
- Process Sales & Use Taxes and any other miscellaneous tax returns for state and federal agencies
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Senior Accountant or Director of Administration.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years Accounts Payable experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Major ERP experience required.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to all levels of employees.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk length of the building or from department to department several times a day, as needed.
- Agility of wrist, arms, and hands for typing and computer work.
- Office environment.
- Occasional exposure to dust and noise in warehouse environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.