Position: Accounting Manager
Location: Newark, Delaware
Reports to: Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer
Purpose of Position
The Accounting Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, and supervising the Company’s financial strategy. Under the direction of the Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer and the President, the Accounting Manager will provide financial results in requested formats, ensuring accuracy through the performance of various internal control functions as well as the review and analysis of those results.
- Oversee the Company’s financial accounts, payrolls, budget, cash receipts, and financial assets.
- Oversee the Company’s transactions and debts.
- Accurate preparation of monthly and year-to-date Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss, Cash Flow Statement and supporting statements as requested by Senior Leadership.
- Analyze pre-close statements with VP, Secretary and Treasurer and President.
- Reconcile all General Ledger accounts monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Approve all new General Ledger accounts.
- Monitor credit levels for customers.
- Perform the Company’s financial audits.
- Manage outside collection of delinquent accounts.
- Prepare and manage daily flash report and cash forecasting model.
- Develop standard cost for all locations and provide analysis on variances and actual cost behavior.
- Review routing and product structures for manufacturing inventory items.
- Review open and closed work orders at month end.
- Prepare data for quarterly and annual consolidated financial results.
- Prepare the operating procedures.
- Provide Senior Leadership with cost accounting and manufacturing data to use for planning and evaluation.
- Assist operations with cost behavior problems and analysis.
- Develop and analyze LCM calculation.
- Develop and analyze Inventory calculations and reserves.
- Supervise and coordinate the physical inventory.
- Assist in the annual budget process.
- Maintain accounting records per the records retention policy.
- Oversee internal control systems.
- Provide timely and accurate information on operations to Senior Leadership to be used as a tool for measuring production performance and to help in the decision-making process.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President or President.
- Supervise and manage the accounting staff.
- Accountable and responsible for all operations of the accounting department, including quality and safety of employees.
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and personal and professional growth.
- Training and educate department employees on proper procedures for accomplishing job safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Ensure safety and accident prevention programs are in place and communicates these programs to employees.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Two years experience as an Accounting Manager or Finance Manager.
- Experience and understanding of standard costing, full absorption costing and LCM calculations.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience utilizing ERP/MES.
- Experience in manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and regulations.
- Superior data management and data analysis skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds regularly.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, and lift objects.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Office environment.
- Occasional exposure to noise and dust in warehouse environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out our online job application form.